Let’s be real, nutrition is one of the more difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members go through, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are always emerging.
Diets don’t lead to long-term success. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unrealistic. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to perform properly. Depriving your body of important nutrients is harmful to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research shows that only 1% of people who diet solo actually lose their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important pillar of our program. Since our very first 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same method when it comes to nutrition—keeping it uncomplicated! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food consumption.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” in our food have significantly changed over the years. We teach our members about making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to meet their goals.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important aspect of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to indulge every once in a while, it’s become normal in our society causing obesity to become an epidemic. Our members are taught that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that manner. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t focus on calories because many foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more important than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific method to figure out your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This specifies how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, allowing your body to stay in “burn mode” instead of “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it supplies our bodies with needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get from any other source.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food is released into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members consume smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to fill up the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program flexible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they can have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking enough water is essential to our complete health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps ease muscle soreness. Our members aim to drink at least 10 glasses of water every day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help give you the feeling of being full faster, allowing you to keep portions in control.
So, you could spend a lot of money on fad diets, special meals that count points, recording calories or cutting every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the expense of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and find out how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat normal, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and gain confidence and energy.
Find a location to learn more about our comprehensive program and to join! You won’t believe how much you can transform in as little as 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread daily with the Farrell's program too!